All sides during WWII suceeded in fooling their enemies that they had concentrations of troops that was not actually there. It could be thru massive radiocommunication, creating of dustclouds, paper tanks and so on ...

Will SC2 give you the chance to use false troops?

Most computer games misses this part. Fog of war is great, but this aspect should be cowered just as they are in many board games.

They should be limited, have a low cost and be connected to a research level. Highest level means that you won't notice until you actually attack that false unit.

Happy New Year!

I would like to see false units too.

False Units

1. Limited to 2 units per nation.

2. Cost 25MPP for a corps and 50MPP for an air unit. Can move only 1 tile per turn.

3. Vanish if an enemy unit moves adjacent to them

4. Exerts no zone of control and do not affect the appearance of partisan units.

5. Vanish if an enemy that can spot them has Intelligence Superiority of 2 or more. Example: If you have intelligence level 1 and the enemy has intelligence level 3 your false units are disbanded if spotted by one of their air units.

[ January 01, 2005, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

I think a feature like this should be handled more abstractly and depends upon the Intelligence Tech level of the opposing sides as Edwin has alluded to. No doubt you are referring to the the Allied ploy of using the US 3rd Army to distract the Germans during D-Day into believing that the real Allied effort would come with Patton's deployment in the Pas de Calais. Couldn't the same effect be accomplished with the spontaneous appearance of a unit icon with a "?" on it subject to the spotting and intelligence capabilities of the players? I could agree that each side may be able to direct the deployment of such a unit with the appropriate MPP expenditure, but movement should not be allowed as that would most likely unveil the ruse. I'm also of the opinion that only one "ruse" unit per player should be allowed at any one time with the automatic disbanding of the current "on map" unit when the new one is deployed. The ruse unit should also have a build time connected with its activation as such a large scale deception would require time to implement. A good idea that we have discussed before, glad you re-introduced Chris.