Germans attack Russian Navy SP Bug?

Single Player Bug (?):

With control of Russian Navy, on Turn 1 begin to move fleet down towards Copenhagen.

On Turn 2, complete trip to Copenhagen. If German Navy in port you get "Surprise Contact", but no combat.

On Start of Turn 3, Luftflotte I near Copenhagen will air attack Russian Navy.

Reproducible = Yes

Scenario = 1940 Fall Weserubung

Settings = Player is Allies, Difficulty 50%, CPU 0

Comments = Russia still not in war by Turn 3 of course. Russians do take damage. Germans don't seem to take damage from these attacks. Not sure if Russians not firing back or just not doing damage.

Woot!

--AOM tongue.gif

I had a similar case.

I played Fall Weserübung as Allies with FOW on.

On my first turn I loaded the French Syrian Corps on a transport and moved it to the west.

When it tried to pass north of Tobruk it stopped and the message "Enemy contact" popped up.

The Italian Cruiser in the port of Tobruk had stopped my transport.

Italy was not yet at war with France.

It would be nice if one could continue to move after a contact with a previous hidden neutral ship.

Hmm... well I can actually understand stopping the other side's ships even if they were not yet on 'the other side'.

I am no Grognard by any stretch but would guess that relations between Italy and France were a bit strained well before outbreak of war.

Sort of like a rude customs official turning away the French ships for failure to file a Form 1033-A9 at least 30 days prior to transit and stamped as approved by the high muckety-muck of transit authority. "oh, you didnt get it in triplicate? So sorry..." ;)

On the other hand, sending in your airforce to sink some of their military ships seems a bit more attention getting.

Although i guess you could always simulate it as sort of the risks for traveling to close to a war zone. Mistaken identification, etc...

Either way, very minor. Hope HC puts it below my Left Click --> Grab map in order to move the map around on screen, feature request. smile.gif

Woot!

--AOM

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

Oops! Sorry already fixed the AF attacking neutral ships bug smile.gif

Lol! You 'da man HC! :D

Thank you for making this very fun game. Reccomended it to my friends, hope you make bajillions off of it. tongue.gif

Hmmm... although I would have to guess that even at a bajillion dollars your labor hours vs. ROI is still probably a negative %... ;)

Woot and Thanks for all the fish HC!!

--AOM

Nonono Blashy. O.k., true enough.

But one hand is on the mouse, the other holds the pie for da pie hole. My feet and toes just simply aren't dexterous enough for arrow keys.

Plus, I am already so reclined in my chair when I play that raising my feet would cause the delicate balance of my structural escape velocity apparatus to slip into a point of unrecoverable gravity free fall towards a mass concentration so dense as to often be described in scientific journals by a single word which they alphanumerically define as simply... 'Earth'. ;)

…I freely admit my feature request is hardly a game breaker... tongue.gif

--AOM smile.gif

[ April 07, 2006, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: An Old Man ]