AAR: TaoJah vs. Jollyguy

As long as the tile it came from stays in the colour of the enemy nation, it will never again appear - i.e. you have 3 possibilities:

- in Russia just avoid moving into partisan infested terrain so it stays russian and you won´t have a partisan problem there

- or e.g. in Yugoslavia let the partisan either move away and kill it somewhere else

- or kill the partisan with airstrikes then the tile it was standing on will also not turn to your side and therefore no partisans can appear any more

The airstrike thing always bothered me. Apart from what Terif says, I think an airstrike is a particularly poor tool for hunting Partisans who tend to blend in with the civilian population. Half spotting range for aircraft vs Partisans, perhaps?

Terif just picked something I'm shocked with and didn't think of !

Partisans are good training missions for untrained LW though! smile.gif So you can acquire 2 or 3 bars on them in the off season for those newly built Luftflottes and Axis Minor AFs

As usual Terif is a wealth of information, so I'll utilize his info on partisans and hex color for my 1.05 games, but IMO the color of the hex should have nothing to do with whether a partisan appears. I hope this is fixed in 1.06, as it makes it too easy to control partisans. Now that the cat is out of the bag all the regular players will utilize this exploit.

Bob

Just think a little further - it´s not a bug, only realistic (just because you don´t understand something at the first glance doesn´t mean it is a bug, btw a term used a bit too much inflationary...while when you think a bit deaper in most cases such things are not a bug but the logical consequence of the abstract concept of SC2 ;) ):

With airstrikes you may be able to destroy / scatter larger partisan formations in corps size so they won´t be able to put up a real fight any more, but without ground troops you will never be able to clear a territory completely from enemy forces - i.e. it will remain in enemy hands until you send ground units...and that is exactly how it works now in SC2 smile.gif .

P.S.: trying to train air units is not a really good idea and usually only contributes to the demise of the training side ;) - it is only a waste of mpps and time...(very bad cost-revenue ratio...) experience will be collected automatically in the normal missions they have to fly.

Originally posted by Terif:

Just think a little further - it´s not a bug, only realistic (just because you don´t understand something at the first glance doesn´t mean it is a bug, btw a term used a bit too much inflationary...while when you think a bit deaper in most cases such things are not a bug but the logical consequence of the abstract concept of SC2 ;) ):

With airstrikes you may be able to destroy / scatter larger partisan formations in corps size so they won´t be able to put up a real fight any more, but without ground troops you will never be able to clear a territory completely from enemy forces - i.e. it will remain in enemy hands until you send ground units...and that is exactly how it works now in SC2 smile.gif

That logic can be applied exactly the other way also though ;p With no effective fighting units on the ground the partisans can't control the territory either. One can also reason then that the occupational troops / police force can handle things again. It's like the thing they are trying to get going in Iraq also ;) They cleanup organised resistance, and hand things over again.

But with ownership beeing as it is now wouldn't it be alot more logical for partisans to pop up again in a region where enemy control is less or fully gone? It would be hard to code, that's for sure, but imho alot more logical. As it is now you are giving up territory just so partisans won't pop up again. It just seems wrong to me.

I agree nOknOk (did I spell that right?). If anything the partisans "holding" the Allied colored ground would result in more actual fighting partisans popping up, as they setup defacto government structures and harness new recruits. So IMO the Axis failing to reclaim partisan colored tiles should face an increasing number of partisans, rather than none.

Bob

Yep - this discussion could be continued endlessly like most history discussions... :D

e.g.: if Axis leave these territories to the uprising civilians and lastly grant them autonomy, then they have no more reasons to form larger partisan units since they already reached their goal to get rid of any oppression and now live peacefully with their axis neighbours...i.e. no partisans in corps size any more tongue.gif