It doesn't appear that the map size is significantly bigger in SC2. In SC1 There are 6 hexes between London and Paris, 7 hexes between Lenningrad and Moscow and Lenningrad and Smolensk . In SC2 there appears to be 6 tiles between London and Paris and 7 tiles between Lenningrad and Moscow Smolensk. I was hoping for a larger scale game. The Med actually looks smaller in SC2.

Ah, but the real differences are a bigger Atlantic and a bigger USSR. It should help the Soviets immensely now that their rearmost positions aren't going to be just to the east of Stalingrad, and I am looking forward to a far more realistic Battle of the Atlantic.

50 miles is still 50 miles. Besides more map east and west as mentioned, we also see an extension in the North and south as well.

Now if you are a modder, try making a new map with 25 miles per square, thus 4 times the total number of tiles. Initial starting forces would have to be modified, and you would also need to double the movement for units to keep up with turn sequences, but you might be able to come up with a more detailed game(and more time consuming, I might add with all the additional units).

[ April 22, 2004, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: KDG ]