Poland - anyone held out until T11?

In MP games, has anyone still held Poland in T11 (the first turn that would generate a Soviet readiniess increase)? [EDIT: My notation has the first Axis turn as T0]

I've often held on until T10. Unfortunately that Axis turn starts on 31.12.39, so as the datepoint is 31.12 it doesn't trigger the event.

By that time, you're usually down to a couple of units, so there's almost no chance of the Poles holding on after Warsaw falls.

The Axis have already had 5 turns to take Warsaw and the only reason that they haven't by then is operating units away to grab Denmark, the Low Countries and start the France attack.

Anyone else think that the event date should be a couple of days earlier? It'd give you an incentive to take out Poland in 3-4 Axis turns. Although you'd technically have 5 turns to do it in you run the risk of increased Soviet readiness if Poland holds out after its capital has been taken.

RL Wiki datepoints: Soviets invade & Polish gov flee to Romania 17.09.39 (T3), Warsaw surrenders 28.09.39 (T4), occupied 01.10.39 (T4), last operational unit of Polish Army surrenders 06.10.39 (T4), final division of Poland 12.10.39 (T5), Polish army units fight until "well into October" (T5).

; Event for increased USSR activation:

{

#NAME= USSR->Allies #1 (1940)

#POPUP=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#AI= 0

#COUNTRY_ID= 4

#TRIGGER= 100

#DATE= 1940/01/01

;3-7% activation increase towards Allies

#ACTIVATION= [3,7] [2]

;Set variable conditions:

;1st Line - Poland politically aligned with Allies and not surrendered

#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 33 [2] [100] [0]

[ February 01, 2007, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Bromley ]

this complete ahistorical preemptive war automatism shouldn't be enhanced.

i would rather see changing alliances, just like it was.

the ussr should attack poland as a german allied nation in 1939, at least until poland surrendered.

war readiness should rise or fall with germanys war ups and downs on the western front.

as far as i remember it was stalins plan to attack germany after the germans lost the momentum in the west

Sorry for your / our loss.

;)

But still it would be a very big improvement, the ability to change alliance, to get the ability to offer peace, to declare war some time later ignoring this piece of paper called peace-treaty, to annex parts of a country in change for some month of peace, to demand or recieve tribute, to press a country towards your side (clash of steal had a nice system here...).

The question is, why would anyone want to change alliances in SC2? If you are playing Germany and would be allied with USSR at the start, why would you want to break it? If, on the other hand, you were playing the Allies, controlling USSR, why would you want to help Germany grab Poland any faster?

The game mechanics would have to be completely different (something akin to HoI) for that to be feasible.

There would be an answer to this question if there would be a score when the game ends. For every major (or maybe even the minor) country.

It find the current game end it a bit frustrating.

The real spice is the world after the war. is there (and when yes, where) an iron curtain? Which political gains reached each side?

Even more fun would be to play the game on after the axis crumbled. Choose the east or the west.

Would be possible as well if alliance could be changed or broken.

xwornwood. I wish I could like HoI, because then I'd have the perfect game smile.gif . I can even handle the dopey AI, but actual game play drove me mad. Still, that's my ideal - a TB majors game with AI minors (USSR as a minor).

Back to my OP - ignoring all the detail. What's the latest turn/time in PvP games where the Allies still hold Poland? Terif, I know you've done it :D .