Dull newbie Mac OS X hates CMBB stuff

hefik

Hi - hopefully this will require a one word answer, but somehow I doubt it.

1.Just bought a spiffy iBook that runs on OS X 10.2.4

2.Just bought CMBB

3.Just read compatibility posts on forum

4.Just realised that maybe should have done step 3 *before* step 2

5.Am I going to be able to run this marvellous game without the aid of Steve Jobs/Steve Hawking?

ta.

Luckily for you, you need nearly no help at all and you already have all you need to get started.

First, sadly the CM series does not run on a computer running OSX. It does however run under OS9.

Happily, your iBook is one of the machines that will boot into OS9. Rejoice.

So to have the best possible experience, go to the system preferences in the dock or wherever you keep it. Click on Start Up Disk and choose OS9. Choose restart. Hold the space bar down to invoke the extensions manager and make the Classic Rave extension inactive. Continue the startup process and away you go.

If you have not installed CMBB, my experience for a faster less painful install is to copy the contents of the CD to a folder on your hard drive and run the installer from there. It greatly reduced the time of the install and prevented the errors some have suffered. Then install the patches to bring it up to the correct version.

Play. Have a good time!

EXCELLENT Answer!

Did it work?

Do those iBooks (G3 chips in them I guess)

boot into OS 9?

just curious?

-tom w

Originally posted by kmead:

Luckily for you, you need nearly no help at all and you already have all you need to get started.

First, sadly the CM series does not run on a computer running OSX. It does however run under OS9.

Happily, your iBook is one of the machines that will boot into OS9. Rejoice.

So to have the best possible experience, go to the system preferences in the dock or wherever you keep it. Click on Start Up Disk and choose OS9. Choose restart. Hold the space bar down to invoke the extensions manager and make the Classic Rave extension inactive. Continue the startup process and away you go.

If you have not installed CMBB, my experience for a faster less painful install is to copy the contents of the CD to a folder on your hard drive and run the installer from there. It greatly reduced the time of the install and prevented the errors some have suffered. Then install the patches to bring it up to the correct version.

Play. Have a good time!