One of SCs major attractions is the ability to control and direct strategic resources of the combatants; however, this is greatly limited for the allied powers that are involved in other theaters. One way to add to the enjoyment of the game would be to have a 'total' resources map show out-of-theater resources for Russia and US. These could be manipulated and used in two ways.

1) A limited quantity of out-of-theater resources (like the Siberian army or the US pacific fleet) could be transferred early in the war to the European theater with a small but grave risk that large parts of these theaters would capitulate (i.e., Japanese would occupy easter USSR) and overall production would fall. The option should be there in case there is a great threat in the EU theater.

2) Later in the war, increased US production and US pacific resources could be made available to assist in Europe after a random date of Japanese surrender. As the Axis player, while preparing for a German-US invasion late the war I've often wondered, 'where is the US Pacific fleet preventing me from carrying this out?'

KOZMEISTER

Kozmeister, you're correct. But SC2 never claimed to represent WWII on a global scale.

One of the ways of representing a global conflict, while concentrating on a specific theater, is to have the other theaters represented by "off-map" or abstract mechanics (ie "event" cards).

The problem with a global map, is that the European/Med Theater at 50 miles/hex, doesn't mesh well with the Pacific Theater at 100-150 miles/hex. Not to mention that one is mainly a ground conflict, while the other is a air/naval conflict.

Hence, its much easier to simply abstract it out. Especially when you consider the effect it had, is the time spent including these areas worth it?

So while you could design in some of the concepts your mentioning, its just not worth the effort. Thats why you won't see the type of things you mentioned in a game that concentrates on the ETO.