This has been discussed before but I dont think we ever got a real anwser from the power that be. (His initial is H.C.)

Will the leader rankings in SCII be just one overal figure again or will they be divided into two, one for offense and one for defense.

I know this has been discussed before but I am one of those that really believe some commanders are very good at Defense and can suck on the offense. Just to my mind Meade comes to mind in the American civil war and there are several commanders in WWII that I think the same applies too.

Was just wondering if we ever heard for sure or not. >>>???

I agree with you that some commanders in WWII were really good at offense and others defense. The general in charge of the Anzio landing in Italy comes to mind as being good on the defense but awful on the offense.

Although the HQ units will probably have one overall rating, I still would like to see, as Curry suggests, a more individualized rating for some HQ units.

Perhaps the units under one commander might receive a -0.5 penalty to their action points. Or perhaps those under another; ie Patton, receive a 0.5 bonus to their action points. Or perhaps a 5% bonus when attacking and a 5% penalty when on the defense.

Good point! If you really wanted to complicate things - and I know SC isn't about that - you could also rate them for other abilities like -

set piece battle leader vs. manuver - Rommel would do better in a battle of movement, Monty in set piece, etc.

Best to keep it simple right?

KISS is my motto! ;)

Rambo, in SC I dont think leaders are over rated. Or do you mean in the real war. I dont think they are overrated in either. In SC commanders are so important as you know or why do we all buy Manstein. I think its true also that they were very important in the real war although certainly not as important as in the game I will give you that.