new waw owner with at/aa query

how do the new AA and AT and ARt pieces work.....eg are they passive with a area of defense or do you actually have to move them up and attack. from posts sounds like the at unit is a suicide squad for tank battles but i'm not sure how the aa and arty units would work

AA is just passive.. it has a one field defense radius around it. It can attack once per turn if any aircraft attacks a unit within this radius.

Arty is active (once per turn) and passive (once per turn, defense range 2 fields).. and it gains exp very quickly. I love the arty, but its very vulnerable.. you need Air superiority to see the unit grow old.

I don`t like AT.. I better like to destroy enemy tanks with Tac Bombers. AT is very vulnerable as well.

I love AT although you can argue that all these new units are choking gameplay. Anyway AT is deadly, especially with AT tech 2 or more. don't use your expensive tanks to take out enemy tanks, use motorised AT. then your tanks can fininsh off the armour or start smashing through infantry.

Use it defensively as Tank repellant forcing the opponent to send in the troops or planes to take it out or aggresively chasing down tigers or JS1s. It never seems to live long but does a lot of damage

cool, thanks that helps alot.....it's about what i expected without reading the pdf yet

anyone ever trying to use AA or AT units for the defense of France??

figured wouldn't work to good with German air superiority but not sure..........just starting first email game (and first game ever of waw)

AA is good when you want to protect vital points in France, i.e. Brest or an fortifying engineer unit. Usually I fortify the hex southeast of Brest and put a corps in, and then put an AA into Brest. If you have AA radar Lvl 3, usually the AI doesn`t even touch it. But you need 3 or 4 AA units to guard France properly.. otherwise the AI simply bombs the unprotected units to dust.

Against human players AA is a bit more difficult, just as Arty.