Very little is discussed as the Genius of German Spying and Recon. I'll bet they're shortchanged in SC2 also! Meanwhile the Allies, Both Western and Eastern were not just Blitzed because they were backwards about military tactics but the Germans were damned good!

Meaning Blitzkrieg was enabled partly due to a great gap in Intelligence!

I.E.

Rowehl Geschwader

Top-secret Luftwaffe squadron that conducted high altitude photo-reconnaissance flights deep into Russia to gather military intelligence for Operation Barbarossa. It was set up by Lieutenant Colonel Rowehl in October 1940 by direct order of Hitler and was the forerunner of the U.S. U-2 flights of the 1960's. One group flew from Insterberg over the Baltic States using special Do 215's equipped with high-altitude engines. A second unit flew out of East Prussia and used HE111s while a third flew between Minsk and Kiev in Ju 88's and Ju 86's. All flew at between 33,000 and 39,000ft, enabling thern to photograph every Red Air Force base.

Compliments of History Channel, WW2 Airpower

http://www.ww2guide.com/germanb.shtml

Not to mention their code breaking endeavors. Imagine what Rommel wouldn't have accomplished if he hadn't had the benefit of the "good source". A US military liason in the desert constantly updated the Pentagon using the "black" diplomatic code which had been compromised by the Germans. The officer, name escapes me, Feller or Heller, sent highly detailed reports of the British disposition, supplies, morale, and intelligence that they had extracted from there endeavors, all deciphered and forwarded to Rommel. Now you know why he was so successful from the Cauldron to El Alamein, taking Tobruk in the mix. The leak was finally fixed before the second battle of El Alamein.