Will AI Track Qty of Enemy Units Spotted?

I was wondering if the AI will track the number of enemy units by type it has spotted and destroyed? If so, can it use this information in activation or cancelation scripts.

Example: Axis AI has spotted 5 Russian armor units, destroyed 1. The Axis AI has only Army units. Perhaps this informaiton leads the Axis AI to research Anti-Tank. If the Russians have 2 or fewer armor units perhaps the Axis AI only invests in Infantry Weapons Tech.

Example: Axis AI knows that Russia has 10 land units (Infantry + Armor + HQ + Engineer + Parachute + Rockets)(i.e. perhaps within a radius of 30 tiles of Moscow). Axis has 20 land units in Russia (i.e. within a radius of 10 tiles of Tile X,Y). Based on this information it knows it can safely transfer 5 units to the Western front.

I will have to review the AI notes agains, but perhaps a ratio of X to Y, or an absolute advantage number, could be used to activate a script that transfers units West.

The question then arises how to quantify the amount of units to be transferred.

Retributor, that is why I keep posting.

I was glad to read that HC recently added an AI_Level flag to SC2. This will allow modders to develop scenarios where the AI actually appears to get smarter, in addition to making the testing of new AI routines easier.

-----------------------------------------------

Getting back to using AI knowledge of enemy units:

Perhaps the CANCEL_RATIO, and CURRENT_RATIO values could be used to achieve this?

CANCEL_RATIO

; value such as CANCEL_RATIO= .5 would mean that the plan's defensive presence is now 2-to-1 in comparison to the presence of enemy offensive units. Subsequently this plan would now be cancelled in favor of a new OFFENSIVE plan (automatically handled by the game engine). See CURRENT_RATIO formulas below for more details.

;

; The CURRENT_RATIO forumals:

; OFFENSIVE, BUILD_UP_OFFENSIVE, BUILD_UP_AMPHIBIOUS, BUILD_UP_SEA_TRANSPORT ->

; current ratio := tactical defense / tactical attack (threat)

;

; DEFENSIVE -> current ratio := tactical attack (threat) / tactical_defense

[ March 05, 2006, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]