My latest game against Allied AI.

Here is the description of my latest game against an Allied AI on maxed difficulty levels.

- Poland with Germany.

- Benelux with Germany.

- Denmark with Germany (I waited with this so I could attack France with the conbined morale bonus of Benelux and Denmark).

- France with Germany (waaaaaay too easy, IMHO).

- Rebuild my units.

- Vichy France with Germany and Italy (in North Africa).

- Norway with Germany.

- Sweden with Germany.

- Spain with Germany and Italy (I shouldn't have used the Italians here, a waste of transport money).

- Portugal with Germany.

- Gibraltar with Germany.

- Rebuild and upgrade my units.

- Sealion with Germany (again, too easy, I could put all my units in Amfibious outside his spotting range and land them all in one turn, destroying the Royal Airforce while landing).

- Destruction of the UK fleet by Germany (he kept his ships in ports with my units standing next to them).

- Rebuild my units in the UK (I used sea transports to move most of the German units to the Russian front via the Konigsberg port).

- Guard the Atlantic with the German Navy (the US ofcourse never came, but it's a matter of principle).

- Tunis with Italy.

- Greece with Germany and Italy (I actually lost TWO German armies here, BLAH).

- Destroy UK Navy in Egypt with Italians.

- Romania joined (for some odd reason Hungary and Romania never joined).

- Youguslavia with Italy.

- Barbarossa with Germany and Italy.

- Finland joined.

- Major Victory on november 1942 after taking Riga, Minsk, Smolensk, Kiev, Odessa, Kharkov and finally Moscow.

Some remarks...

1. The Russian AI is really horrible. It moved an airplane RIGHT NEXT to one of my units, it kept its cruiser in the Lenigrad port despite me having units next to it and kept spending points to repair it (because I ofcourse kept attacking it), it moved it's troops AWAY from Moscow when I advanced, it never upgraded it's troops, it never moved it's HQ to a safe place and so on...

There is work to do for the Russian AI, to say the least.

2. There weren't enough corpses to protect all the cities in the countries I occupied.

The limits should be raised with one or two extra corpses per country taken, IMHO.

3. The US didn't move any troops, as usual. Blah.

Not that he had a chance : I had 3 sub, 3 cruisers and 2 battleships waiting for the US, but still, it would have been nice to see him at least TRY.

I'm no script-expert, but I think it's because the US-landing on D-day only occurs when Brest is in Allied hands.

4. Taking Spain and all of North-Africa doesn't have any effect on the efficiency of the North-African citites, they stay at 50% / 5mpp.

That's odd, IMHO : if the Gibraltar port goes to 80%, so should my beloved Casablanca port !

5. For research : I went all-out on Infantry, Advanced aircrafts and Intelligence ASAP, they maxed out all three before the game end on november 1942. I also put alot in Industrial and Production, they were both at 4.

The AI also had his researches (I turned off FOW after game end), but he didn't upgraded one single unit.

6. Russia should move it's captal to Sverlovsk and you should only get a Major Victory after taking Sverdlovks too, IMHO. Only Moscow is too easy.

7. I hate Greece !!!

Even in the demo, AI seems to occasionally view air fleets as front-line units. They show up 1 or 2 hexes behind the lines and get wiped out on the next turn.

Flying a unit onto the mine behind the Maginot line seems to be his preferred mode of self-immolation as the Germans invade France.

Add both of the following scripts to your Activation_1 Scripts for a more interesting game:

; Axis Declare War on Spain resulting in an additional random 60-120% increase in Turkey activation towards Allies:

{

#NAME= Axis DoW On Spain (Turkey->Allies)

#POPUP= Turkish Leaders In Ankara Alarmed By Axis Assault On Spain

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 0

#COUNTRY_ID= 43

#TRIGGER= 25

;60-100% activation increase towards Allies

#ACTIVATION= [60,100] [2]

; Spain declared war on by Axis

#CONDITION= 38 [1] [1]

}

{

#NAME= Axis DoW On Spain (Turkey->Allies #2)

#POPUP= Armed Forces of Turkey Pledge To Defend Turkish Independence

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 0

#COUNTRY_ID= 43

#TRIGGER= 25

;25-50% activation increase towards Allies

#ACTIVATION= [40,50] [2]

; Spain declared war on by Axis

#CONDITION= 38 [1] [1]

}

Total Possible: 100-150% Change in Activation! if both scripts are triggered!

[ April 20, 2006, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

Originally posted by Edwin P.:

Add both of the following scripts to your Activation_1 Scripts for a more interesting game:

Total Possible: 100-150% Change in Activation! if both scripts are triggered!

Thanks for the scripts ! But I prefer one script with 100% possibility : I don't like random things.

In a total of 16 games, your scripts would give

- 1 game : 100% or more activation.

- 3 games : 60-100% activation.

- 3 games : 40-50% activation.

- 9 games : 0% activation.

That's too random IMHO.

True one script is nice, but if Turkey is already pro-Axis by 40% you may want to switch it to become an Active Allied Nation. This requires a move of 40% + 100% as no activation script can have a value of greater than 100%. (I tried, and got an error message)

Originally posted by Edwin P.:

True one script is nice, but if Turkey is already pro-Axis by 40% you may want to switch it to become an Active Allied Nation. This requires a move of 40% + 100% as no activation script can have a value of greater than 100%. (I tried, and got an error message)

Oh...

To be honest, I don't like this whole "Turkey will attack Germany if it's too agressive". I mean... If you were the Turkish King and Germany has conquered FIFTEEN other countries, wouldn't you be VERY quiet and pray that the Germans aren't intrested in you, instead of going to war with them ?

It's not like you gonne WIN against them.