Lost sound

emmet

Have you modded your CMBB install ?

I don't think that the Prefs file has any settings for sound (other than the in-game sound setting). Do you have disk space to attempt another installation of CMBB ? If this is a BFC version of the game, you can possibly re-apply the 1.03 patch to see if this helps.

I hear of audio problems with the CM series every-so-often, but there doesn't seem to be any consistency in the cause or solution.

Game was purchased through Battlefront. I have 512 Ram with 64 Ram video, 15.9 G free. I guess I could try patch reinstall.

The problem happened during turn 5 or 6 of battle #4 of an operation campaign. The sound just shut off and the keyboard hotkeys inverted- pressing F brought up the flags, pressing SHIFT F allowed fast movement ( the right click menu worked).

Are the keyboard hotkeys still inverted when you play CMBB ? Shift-S affects the sound settings (though I wouldn't think that it turns off the intro music). You may want to check to see what is running in the background (Ctrl-Alt-Del, Task Manager) and killing extraneous processes before starting CMBB. However if something is affecting this program, then I would think that CMAK would suffer the same fate.

Occationally I have put the caps lock on for typing, then gone into the game and found the hotkeys not working. Make sure your caps are off, and that no keys are stuck.

Edit

Schrullenhaft, for my BFC CMAK, once I am in game and shut off sound with the shift + s the intro music is off next time I start the game and until I turn sound back on.