AAR report of test MOD.

This is ongoing game vs. a friend. He's not very experienced but he is better than the AI.

We are using my mod:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=59;t=000185

I am Axis.

France fell begining of August 40. I've been lucky with Spain, already at 87%.

I'm amassing my forces in Tobruk (Germany: 3 AFs, 1army, 1tank, 1paratrooper. Italy: 3Armies with HQ).

I pretty much lost my Baltic fleet, one of his carriers came pretty close and since I do not intend to invest in naval warfare in this game I decided to sink it, then I lost a sub and cruiser and the rest is badly damage, don't care.

Things are rough in Egypt, what a fight. Febuary 41.

I took out El Alamein fortification and only killed 1 UK Army and 1 CW Corps. But I have a paratroop at 1 and just reinforced a tank that was at 3.

The extra +1 Air Defense for units is prooving to be a great addition in reducing air power, I've had to reinforce my AFs much more than usual.

Italy's reduced naval attack is also making me play Italy's navy more prudently instead, no smashing of british naval units. I've killed 1 CA but he got one BB.

Hungary and Romania joined in January 41.

It is Sept 41, I'm about to DoW on USSR.

I had to wait longer because I'm still in Egypt and I have not captured one city but I have Alexandria surrounded. But what a costly operation it is for the Axis, probably for the Allies as well, but long term they can take it.

I've lost one army. Italian navy is down to 4 badly damage units (all under 5 STR).

I really like this, the superior numbers of Allied troops in Egypt due to CW all arriving (as it was Historically) shows the difficulties the Axis could have, especially since he put a bomber on Malta and with 12% chance he is getting enough hits and keeps Tobruk at 0 supply, so I can not reinforce to full capacity.

I was getting worried about Spain, 87% and I just received the last hit, with USSR joining I was most likely going to be blocked, I need those troops!

May 1942.

Having Gibraltar is a blessing, Egypt supply is down and now I'll be able to get Alexandria. That HQ on the city has been hell!

In Russia it was slow, I got my third city in April 42. But my opponent put his Siberian transfer in the two cities with the marshes, my third was one of them and now I've manage to encircle 5 troops, so 1 will be rebuilt once I capture the city but the other 4 are gone forever once I wait for them to be at 0 supply, and 2 tanks are in that group :D .

Still, I'm struggling, I don't know if I'll achieve an Axis victory (stalemate) but with the MED secured I am sure of not giving him a Major Allied victory.

I took Yugoslavia in December of 41, he had diplomacy on it and I prefer to use 2 troops to prevent partisans instead of trying to guess how much diplomacy I need to counter, not too mention that they have more chits. So now I get +21mpps(16 from Yugoslavia and +5 for Albania going to full supply).

En of July 42. I have the first 4 cities and Smolensk. I have Leningrad surrounded. I think I might be able to cut off the 2 units on the mines (I hope).

I took Portugal.

Tech is much more fun with the limits I've imposed. I've been at IW L2 since after the Fall of FRance, while Russia is still at 1. I have no HTs, L2 AdvAir, L3 Production and I've had my one chit for Motor since the second turn of the game and nothing, too bad since it was a big part of my strategy, all corps Motor 2 offense in Russia.

He's using up all his resources with AFs in Egypt but it is functioning pretty well, that damn HQ keeps reinforcing to 10 while I'm stuck at 7 and 6 for my units.

May 1943, The Allies put EVERYTHING into keeping Egypt, after they secured not having a Sealion which was fast enough because I lost my navy early since I had no care for doing anything with it.

I've gotten the lone city east of Alexandria but Alexandria and Cairo still hold. I've lost a few troops and sent them back.

I surrounded and took Moscow last turn and cut off two more units, so that is 8 total units the Russians can not rebuild. I love my 90% all corps front in Russia for this.

In the West I've started preping, already have one HQ and 5 armies entrenching on the Siegfried line, the cities next to it and one in Belgium.