Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Now i know SC is at army level and it kind of ruins this element but Should there be the inclusion of vital strategic Bridges? examples are the Remagen and Nijmegen bridges that proved to be descisive. the bridges could be work on a system like cities and when damage is done less supplies are able to cross at that bridge until it is completely destroyed and then supplies are unavailable for troops (in A Bridgehead) on the other side of the river. the bridge effect would only effect supplies and all units(except h.q's) are able to cross the river's without use of a bridge (due to engineer batalions). tell me what you think and improvements are Appreciated

While a nice thought, Komet, this is for the operational scale type games. We must all remember why SC is such a great game,"intriguing depth of simplicity". While we all crave the interaction of the forum ideas with the game's features and interface we must all, myself included, remember that each additional feature adds to the time necessary to complete a turn hence additional micromanagement which detracts from what made SC so attractive in the first place. Now are you sure you want more detail in bridging features than SC1 had?

They would be an excellent option for a game at a smaller scale, say 5 or 10 miles to the Tile.

The key would be allowing the river crossing costs to be edited in the editor along with the the effect of bridges and rivers.