Time Frame & System Spec Update?

I posted this under another strand, but after going through several of the other posting strands I thought it might be time to start a new one.

-----------------------

Well it's been about a year and a half since I participated in the Strategic Command Forum, now I'm awaiting SC2. Sorry for my ignorance to what has probably been posted on some past strand.

1) Any strong update on release time for SC2?

2) What are the system specs expected to be?

Where have I been? - Mostly playing HPS games as I have found them to be a reasonable return to my old AH board game roots. Just got the new HPS Campaign Gettysburg. Looks like a winner in what I have seen so far.

Hi Yogi,

1) To be honest not really, we are still shooting for the end of the year (Q4) but truth is it will only be released when we it's ready

2) Nothing definite here either but to give you some perspective, I test it on a lower end base system of around 500 Mhz, 16 MB Video Card with 128 MB of Ram and is seems to do just fine.

Hubert

Thanks for the info Hubert

While I'd love for the game to be out tomorrow, I'd rather it be ready than released with bugs and problems.

I just updated my system to a pentium 4 at 3.2 ghz, so I wasn't concerned about running it, but was interested if new graphics etc were going to require a substantially more powerful PC than the old game. I have to admit that it seems that most of the "good" wargames seem to stress the game substance and don't require the fast processor and large amount of ram and hard disc space that the more popular mass market games full of glitz, sound and graphics. Unfortunately they are also often short of substance and reality.