The Middle East

Are there players that take Syria / Iraq / Iran (probably in that order) with the UK troops they get for free in Africa ?

In theory it looked good, but apperently...

- The cities and mine in Iraq / Iran, Syria don't get higher then level 5 when they connect to Moscow.

- You can't operate UK units from Iraq into Russia, not even the airplane.

- You can't operate Russian units into Iraq (didn't try it with the Russian airplane but I guess that won't work either).

- The UK troops do not get supply from the Russian cities (didn't try to get supply for Russia from the UK cities in Iraq, but I guess that won't work either).

So, basically the only advantages are that you get the plunder for the UK and the MPPs.

If I do it anyway, is the area defendable against the Germans coming in from Africa ?

Or should I try to operate to Cairo and get the heck out of there as soon as possible ?

Against a competent player: If you stay there, you'll die there at low supply (He'll kill the HQ first).

So, the question is really: Do you want those units for D-day or do you want some more income for a very limited time?

p.s. Not a good idea at all if Majors are not in the war yet! Axis DOWs boost their readiness!

Originally posted by BioWizard:

p.s. Not a good idea at all if Majors are not in the war yet! Axis DOWs boost their readiness!

It's against human players.

A DOW of the UK on Syria, Iraq and Iran does not lower the readiness of the US or the USSR. And an Axis player usually doesn't DOW these three until the US and USSR are already in the war.

If you decide to go aggro on mid east minors you have to take care of at least several things:

- defend Egypt heavily;

- interdict the med area to axis by using perhaps more than 75% of the RN;

- be careful with DOWs on syria, Iraq, Iran -> it pisses off Turkey and you can get a very nasty surprise sometimes.

Axis will most likely invade the british isle but won't occupy London - hence no cash (no convoys) and no african capital = impossibility to place new uk units on the map (xcept london ofc smile.gif )

It could be a valid strategy otherwise smile.gif