Problem with patch 101

When I download the patch I am only allowed to play multiplayer, no single player. According to the trobleshooting guide I have to click in the shortcut/properties and then the compatibility tab, but there's no compatibility tab, only general and shortcut tabs. I am running Win Me

Any help would be apreciated.

Thanks

Does the game mention something about 'No CD found' ? Which version of the game (CDV - retail or BFC - Internet) do you have and where did you get the 1.01 patch ?

WinME doesn't have a 'compatibility mode' since it is only an 'improved' version of Windows 98. Windows 2000 and XP are different enough that a compatibility mode is included (though it only does a few things).

It says no cd found indeed. I bought my copy in Moscow, Russia, so God knows which version is it. The cover of the cd says Combat Mission2 and has the CDV logo, but the opening screen of the game says Combat Mission Barbarosa to Berlin. I tried to use both patchs (CDV and internet) but to no avail.

Thanks for your help

Well you do have the CDV version alright. There are a few different patches for the game that you have to install in order.

If your having problems installing the patches you can write to GregorBellman@cdv.com and have the patches sent to you on a CD.

The version you have should be in the lower right-hand corner of your options screen after the game has been loaded (1.0). If you don't see it you probley have a "warez"(pirate) version of the game and CDV cannot help you there.

Good luck

[ July 25, 2003, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: Panzertruppe ]

You are installing to the "default" directory?

Also.....what language is your game in? When you put the cd in to start a game do you get the option of installing or playing...and when you click on play does an error message come up about not finding the CM2 file?

[ July 25, 2003, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: Panzertruppe ]

Originally posted by Panzertruppe:

You are installing to the "default" directory?

yes

Also.....what language is your game in?

Options are English and Russian, mine is English

When you put the cd in to start a game do you get the option of installing or playing...

yes

and when you click on play does an error message come up about not finding the CM2 file?

Nope, it opens the menu screen with all the options available (solo game, internet game, etc)

You should get "all" the patches so your game is up to date. I'm going to see about getting my CDV patch CD copied on a few CD's which has the 1.01....1.02.....and 1.03 patches on it. Send me your e-mail adresses at Rockeye72@msn.com and if CDV does not get back to you by next week I will try to send you all three patches. ;)

[ July 26, 2003, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: Panzertruppe ]

Panzertruppe,

thank you very much.

My e mail is bostonrpgmania@hanmail.net

(e mail server has storage limit so please let me know in advance when you tried to send it so that I could delete all the unnecessary files)

the gentleman's email seems not to be working since it has returned with unknown host as the reason but I will try once more.