gold demo graphics all wrong

i have downloaded the gold demo of cm and when i run the demo the graphics are all the wrong colour but the game runs fine my specs are as follows:Graphics card:Intel740win9xpc3.0w 3.1.2029-980829.Sound,video and game controllers:Creative sound blaster audio pci 64v,Gameport joystick,Sb audio pc 64v legacy device.Pentium 2 processor,Memory 64.0mb of ram and windows 98 does anyone have any info on how to get the graphics on the demo to be the right colour coz its hard to play the bloody thing when you can't see what your targetin so if anyone has any help it would be a godsent to me coz im pulling my bloody hair out and have tryed updating sound card,graphics card you name it i have tryed to update it but all windows says is the newest version of the product its allready being used on my computer so i aint got a clue what to do please help.

thanks Alex

I'm not familiar with the exact numbering scheme that Intel is using on its drivers, but it does look like you don't have the very latest ones. Here is the URL for the generic drivers from Intel. They should work with your card, but there is a caveat that some cards will not work with the generic driver because of modifications to the Intel reference design (most of the clone i740's follow the ref design). Get the PV 4.0 without the video capture support:

http://developer.intel.com/design/graphics/drivers/

If Windows tells you that it has the latest drivers does it offer a way of overriding that dialog (i.e. - a radio button to use the ones you are attempting to load) ?