French reunification script for 1.05?

Sorry if this has been adressed in the past, but I wonder why France isn`t "merged" with Vichy France when Paris is liberated.. and I think it should be.

I played a game these days as Axis where i lost Paris to the Allied forces because I didn`t defend it in a proper way... I wanted to finish off Russia first. After taking Sverdlovsk I put my troops to the Westwall to regain France.. and the AI declared war on Vichy France (not occupied) so they were my "Allies" and fought their evil northern brothers hand in hand with me... doesn`t make much sense.

Apart from that I would vote for an "easy" option to occupy vichy france, i.e. pay 100MPP and occupy Vichy France as soon as Northern Africa is in Allied hands.... and get a low tech corps for free to occupy Marseilles... just as it happened in history.

Is there any solution cooking? Any ideas or comments?

It did make sense, as perhaps the Vichy French officials did not relish being tried and hung as collaborators with the enemy.

That said,

I would like to see:

a. Chance that Vichy France does not occur when France surrenders, instead the capital of France moves to Algiers.

b. Chance that Vichy France joins the allies once France is liberated.

Thx Edwin... what you say makes sense.... implementing your ideas (a) and (B) would be a step ahead in the right direction. I would assume the percentage for idea (a) quite low and quite high for (B).

Moving the french capital to Algiers is an interesting gameplay alternative, but it would mean changing history without a direct need. I know SC2 isn`t a simulation, but I prefer to stick relatively close to history.. as far as possible. For that reason I would vote for another alternative: when North Africa is occupied either by Allied or Axis forces, Vichy France simply surrenders if Marseille is taken by Axis troops.

And I would prefer to see one reunited France.. as it was is history. Even if there were a few people who feared punishment for their collaboration, in reality nothing prevented the reunification.

Sigmaringen is a city in southern Germany, in the state of Baden-Württemberg, at the upper Danube, formerly Hohenzollern, capital of the Sigmaringen district.

It was first mentioned in 1077 and is particularly renowned for its wonderfully preserved Sigmaringen Castle (ger.: Schloss Sigmaringen).

On September 7, 1944, following the Allied invasion of France, Henri Philippe Pétain and members of the Vichy government cabinet fled to Germany and established a government in exile at Sigmaringen. Pétain returned to France in April 1945. French writers Céline and Lucien Rebatet, fearing for their lives because of their political and anti-Semitic writings, fled along with the Vichy government to Sigmaringen.