Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Receiving PBEM but not scenarios..what?

I did a search but I didn't see anything about this. Zipped, file size limitations, etc they were all there but this is bit different.

I have, over the last 2 days, been to download scenarios, both zipped and unzipped. I am running XP, on a P4 2.4, 256 RAM and using Outlook Express. Is this an anti-virus issue?

I have been able to receive scenarios, both zipped and unzipped, on my web-based email accounts so all is not lost if no solution exists. Additionally, it is not a file size limitation as this morning's failure included a PBEM turn that was larger than the scenario and the PBEM saved normally. The scenario was in the attachment list but was greyed out, just like before.

Any thoughts, suggestions or ideas?

Thanks in advance.

[ March 18, 2003, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: mike the wino ]

Concerning a scenario (or PBEM ?) attachment that is greyed out:

This Microsoft Knowledgebase article should give you some details. Basically you need to:

Check the settings under Outlook Express'

"Tools" .... "Options" .... "Security"

about blocking access to attachments (remove the checkmark next to "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus").

By changing these settings you open yourself up for potential attacks via malicious attachments.

[ March 18, 2003, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]