Reall, Really weird Graphic Quirks

Maybe someone can help me with this really vexing problem. I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 8000 Laptop with the GeForce 2 32mb Graphic chipset. I installed CM on it and applied the 1.12 patch. Runs just great, nice and smooth even with the Hires mods...BUT....I have two really odd graphic glitches:

1)When you start a game all of the troops are standing at attention. I mean parade ground, General is reviewing the troops, attention, straight as a ramrod. They don't stay that way in the game, they go back to the running crouching or prone position as soon as they move but they always start that way. So what's the problem, you say? Well, I've had the game running on my Dell Destop PC for ages now and I've never ever seen this behavoir befor. Really doesn't affect the game but it sure is weird.

2) When the troops run I get a real jerky, twitchy annimation, nothing like what I see on my aformentioned destop PC(which also has a GeForce 2 but 64mb) The head swivle is also very jerky, like a frame or two of the annimation is missing. The vehicles seem to move just fine.

Neither of these glitches is keeping me from having a blast with the game on either computer but if anyone has any ideas about this please clue me in, I kind of expect different performance from different brand comps but not from the same company. Thanks for your help.

Alex Ewert

The laptop version of the GeForce 2 may not have the horsepower to animate all the infantry in a smooth manner. Power saving requirements, lower available electrical current and the requirements for driving an LCD display all work against the laptop version of the chipset (and video memory) from performing as well as the desktop version.

The "parade ground" start is strange. I have no idea why that would be happening since the CM executable would have to be positioning the wireframes that way. Though I'd doubt it would make any difference you can delete the CM Prefs file and see if this changes anything.

Guest ckoharik

I'm not so sure about it being a graphics power problem because I am currently running CMBO on my Dell Inspiron 5000e with a 16MB ATI Rage Mobility chip in it and I have not seen anything approximating what he reported. Granted, I do not have all that many hi-res mods in but still quite a few terrains ones.