Fog option gone after installation new video card

Originally posted by aragorn2002:

After giving it some thought, I've decided not to accept it. I will try to change my Radeon video card. What is a good alternative (128 MB) and does allow the possibility of fog?

NVidia is your next choice. Which one depends upon your price range, I'm running a MSI G3 Ti200 with, IMHO, great results, any one after that I'm sure will do the job nicely. You should do a search, or just scroll dowm this page, you'll find that there are issuses with the latest and greatest NVidias.

KC

Okay, thanks for the information. Another question. After installing this new video card and DirectX 9.0 one of my scenarios gets stuck when I try to start it. I use the 200% increase of forces option for one of the two sides, which never caused a problem before. Now it simply doesn't open... A strange problem, I know, but nevertheless very annoying. What can have caused this?

Originally posted by aragorn2002:

Okay, thanks for the information. Another question. After installing this new video card and DirectX 9.0 one of my scenarios gets stuck when I try to start it. I use the 200% increase of forces option for one of the two sides, which never caused a problem before. Now it simply doesn't open... A strange problem, I know, but nevertheless very annoying. What can have caused this?

Ohhh boy.. smile.gif

I'm not familiar with ATI cards so I really can't help much. While reading through here I've noticed that there seems to be real issues with a lot of people upgrading, try a search for DirectX 9 issues, best I can do.

Luck,

KC