Patch question : will the AI do D-Day now ?

Blashy yep and after playing for weeks with the US doing nothing it was fun for a change smile.gif However the AI does not use it's overwhelming air power very well when they make the landings in France. If they focused their entire air attacks against one of the port cities that port city could easlly be taken. However after the landings they spread their air attacks out over several areas and all the ports held, thus dooming the landings.

Yeah, the AI will continue to need some adjustments. The good news is that the AI scripts in the patch work much better now. Research, production and upgrades work. AI scripts are working better. I've seen BEF deployed to France, withdrawn, and show up attacking in Libya. With time, the current scripts can be optimized and additional scripts included for more variability.

I gave the 1943 campaign a test last week. Allied AI invaded Sicily OK and then the Italian mainland. D-Day didn't happen until spring 1945, primarily because there's a trigger for a number of units in England that may be too high. Things like this can be easily adjusted, but it's going to take a number of games and player feedback to determine what issues are out there and what needs to be fixed. Feedback is useful, for all campaigns.

Btw, the Russian Front for this game was brutal. The AI was doing good.

I have only played one game against the AI since the patch and that was as the Axies player. It was a much better game as I had to keep troops in France to avoide getting rolled by a D-Day and then had to rush troops to N Africa when the US invaded there.

I hope to try using the Allies this evening but I have this feeling that it swung the other way, the changes seem to be all plus side Allies and negative side Axies so I think an easy Allie win pre patch will be even easier post patch.