Question on H2H US Activation

Question to those who play human-to-human games. Playing the 1939 campaign and without the historical US entry variant, what is your typical experience with regards to US entry to the war? When do they decide to join? How does your aggression or lack thereof as the Axis advance or delay their entry? I would find it interesting to hear the varied experiences of the players here. While on the subject, what about Russia? If you do not attack them in 1941, when do they typically enter?

It depends... ;)

Diplo and DoWs (on minors) play a major role when the US/Russia will be activated.

IIRC Russia once was fully active by summer '41 and once only got activated by summer '42.

The US between winter '41 (very aggressive German game + likely some diplo) and winter '43 IIRC.

CharonJr

Late 41, early 42.

I do not DOW anything but Belgium, Denmark and Syria pre Barbarossa. For other minors I don't think it is worth the effort, no big cash to gain only piss off effects for majors.

So the US will be affected only by those 3 DOWs + the conquest of Egypt effect + the normal readiness increase. I do not use diplomacy on majors.