Now I am worried for SC2 game

In almost every post from game makers, testers and other game development people they have mentioned editor and possibility to edit everything. Now I am worried because one thing:

- Most of the people will play original scenarios. I hope that game development people will put enough attention to make original scenarios balanced and playable without any editor interventions. I never liked these editors in any games because after short time period we having many unbalanced and non-playable scenarios.

do not worry ;)

they will try to balance as much as possible the standard scenarios.

As for the editor - players will be able to further balance the gameplay, not unbalance it.

Remember the use of bidding systems in original SC - they were needed to balance the game not otherwise.

History enthusiasts will tweak the game to fit their liking, powergamers will do the same. Basically every owner of SC2 will be happy ;)

I'm guilty of referring to the editor's capabilities primarily to highlight just how flexible it truly is, for those who desire to use it, rather than something that players are "expected" to use to compensate for unbalanced scenarios.

If you look back to SC1's development, the v1.07 game being played today (with bidding, yes?) is not the same as the original release. Besides the game changes, the scenarios were also tweaked with a few MPP and unit corrections for better play balance. I would hope that we will continue doing this with SC2, updating the scenarios as necessary with each patch based on player feedback. Let's face it, hundreds of diehard gamers are bound to find things that a handful of playtesters with limited time will not.

So again my hope would be that the "official" scenarios will evolve with the game so players will have confidence that they are balanced and can be played without any editing. smile.gif

Now "balanced" against human players of similar ability and balanced against the AI may be two different things. Players will have to experiment with the various options and difficulty settings to determine if their solitaire game is satisfying or not. If not, then there's always the editor to make things more interesting. ;)

...they have mentioned editor and possibility to edit everything. Now I am worried...
No need for worry, vveedd,

The "default game" will be:

1) Faithful to WW2 history.

2) Fairly balanced,

3) Immense fun to play. :cool:

Having a great and capable Editor,

The likes of which

This staid old Gaming World

Has never - ever even seen!

Is like... that kick-stand

For your Harley-Davidson moto-cycle.

Pretty elemental,

Yet, you could certainly do without it.

No need for a kick-stand, really,

Since you could always lean

That road-eating Dream Machine

Against a lamp-post,

Or a wishing-well. :cool:

Against an evergreen or oak tree,

Or even,

Should you be daring enough,

Against the gleaming gates

Of Heaven,

Or... Hell.

Nope, that amazing new Editor! is mostly

For... when the Mojo-Motor is... at

The moment, at rest. ;)

Curry,

What kills me is that play and movie was popular fifty years ago. It was equally relevant thirty years before that and equally relevant today; that's an eighty year span. Some clubs go almost that long without even winning a pennant! :eek:

It wasn't too bad when the Yanks were owned by regular millionaires like Jacob Ruppert and Dan Topping, but George Steinbrenner? It would be hard to find a more perfect object for intense dis-liking than that character.

Truth is, I kind of liked the Yanks when they were owned by CBS back in the late sixties and losing exactly half their games every season. They had a sort of quaint charm, Jake Gibbs and Horace Clark and the ever suffering Mel Stottlemyre who deserved a better fate! :D

SCII? Yeah, I'm afraid I may not be able to use the scenario editor for the Second Punic War.

-- Except I'm not really afraid of that because it seems fairly certain that it can be easily adapted for ancient settings, as well as modern. ;)