If this topic has been covered before i apologise.Wouldnt it better to have it when carrier strikes are intercepted by enemy aircraft or AA only the carrier aircraft are lost.After all thats whats being engaged by the enemy,not the actual carrier.Could this not be indicated somehow?

IIRC from the last time this was talked about, there's no way to simulate two units in one.

A suggestion was to make reinforcing carriers cheaper than usual, although again I'm not sure that the engine can handle different reinfocement %s for different units.

it would make the carrier unit an exploit unit on this map not to let someone kill it altogether. I.E. Corps in SC1 were great for scouting seas and even blocking possible attack routes... if you kill all the AC of a Carrier for instance and the boat is unkillable then it has a good suicidal ability to be used somewhere gamey...

Other possibility is to represent the Carrier Fighters... when LR, Advanced Fighters, etc.. are achieved instead of making them better VS land fighters, or better at spotting land units, do it for Naval Units. Making Carriers actually worth a ball of spit smile.gif

At Midway, those American fighters were instrumental in spotting the Japanese Carriers and also in destroying them, all throughout the war the hard to kill US Units rose quickly above the Zekes.. Carrier to Carrier warfare just don't happen in the ETO, though we could make it so that a PowerfulCarrier upgraded is a great shipkiller... make it more expensive to upgrade them though otherwise they'll be DeathMachines, even a CarrierTech might make them neat and unique rather than sort of dull and boring as they are now.. Just keep them off land units, they never were Land Destroyers! Great Port Destroyers however smile.gif Pearl

@Liam

I like your thinking about 'carrier fighters'. The tech advances should be more customisable imho. This would make a massive difference to the flexibility of the game and make it more like a war-game toolbox rather than just a wwii simulation. How easy this would be to accomplish remains to be seen but if at all possible then this change (and a number of others I can think of) should be top priority if you ask me (which, I know, nobody was ;P)