Demo's worked games dont???

Hehehe im not upset, Im probably just doing something wrong. :eek:

Game's make monitor flicker on and off and when monitor turns back on it makes a starnge noise, When it first did it I thought my montior died. Game will not start. I alt tab out and everything is fine. Monitor stops the flickering

Demo's worked fine...Am I doing something wrong?

Forgot to put specs-

Win Xp home

1.8 P4

30.82 (downloading currently) for Nvidia Geforce 2 MX

DirectX 8.1

I would like to state again that the demos work fine. On start up game, game goes to black screen, then goes to idle, it stays idle for a short time, maybe 5 or 10 seconds then comes back to black screen, and makes a wierd noise?.

So you're saying that the Demo doesn't (and currently doesn't ?) cause this problem that you're seeing, but that the full version of the game causes this problem ?

What refersh rate is selected with your resolution ? I don't think that CMBB suffers from the '60Hz refresh rate' problem of Windows 2000/XP (since the Prefs file instructs the DirectX system what refresh rate to use). If you delete the Prefs file and reselect your resolution what are you selecting ?