Why Limit Amount of Nations in Editor

I'm a bit dismayed to learn, that there will be a limited total number of nations in the editor. This will make it very hard to build a global scenario. Why not have unlimited nations and the ability to create other major powers, like Japan? That would be "The Bomb"

I think the main reason is because that is how many nations are in SC2...As I mentioned in a previous thread, I think we need to realize that the editor will be based on the SC2 game engine and while we may make many modifications to what already exists, we cannot presume that more will be available...maybe someday, somewhere, the ultimate WarGame Editor will be built for gamers to use, but right now, I think we'll be getting a pretty damn good one from Hubert...

22 nations are PLENTY to make a FULL WW map.

You can easily group Latin America as 3 Coutries = Mexico, East and West Latin America

Africa you can split in 4-6 parts.

Middles east, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Syria and Iran as one.

I lot of variations.

I have to agree with hugo here, unless there is a technical/logistical reason why HC can't add more countries then why the hell not ya know? Just because the SC2 editer is based on SC2 doesn't mean you can't go the extra step to make a better game. You know if there is ever a SC3 he will probally add more countries or make it unlimited anyway since you usally improve as you go along, so why not just skip a step and do it now?