Defense of Egypt

Okay, so I was stupid and left London open to a para landing (although he took a chance doing it as he couldn't see London).

So I'm now defending Egypt. It's all going as well as can be expected, but I seem to be missing my Commonwealth units.

Per the Events, I'm pretty sure that by 4th May 1941 I should have at least a corps and, in all likelyhood, the HQ. I've pasted the events below. I take it that garrisoning both Alex and Cairo shouldn't prevent the units' arrival?

Interestingly enough, that's my lot as all of the other units are set to appear in 1948, by which time Egypt will have held or fallen. Is that last bit a typo in the file or is it to prevent the rebuild-in-UK exploit mentioned in the patch readme?

; Commonwealth HQ Arrives in Egypt

{

#NAME= Commonwealth HQ Arrives In Egypt

#POPUP= Commonwealth HQ Arrives In Egypt

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 1

#AI= 0

#COUNTRY_ID= 17

#TRIGGER= 50

#DATE=1941/03/01

#DESTINATION_RESOURCE= 112,35

#CONDITION_POSITION= 109,32 [3,4] [1,1] [1]

#UNIT= 0 [5] [0] [Commonwealth]

}

; New Zealand Unit Arrives in Egypt

{

#NAME= New Zealand Contributes Forces To Egypt

#POPUP= New Zealand Contributes Forces To Defense Of Egypt

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 1

#AI= 0

#COUNTRY_ID= 17

#TRIGGER= 100

#DATE=1941/03/01

#DESTINATION_RESOURCE= 119,32

#CONDITION_POSITION= 119,32 [3,3] [1,1] [1]

#CONDITION_POSITION= 109,32 [1,2] [1,1] [1]

#CONDITION_POSITION= 112,35 [1,2] [1,1] [1]

#UNIT= 1 [10] [0] [6th New Zealand]

EDIT: Just realised that I wasn't understanding the DATE entry correctly. It's the failsafe date (i.e. the date after which the condition checks are assumed to be fulfilled, whether they are or not). So a 1948 date just means that the conditions will never be automatically overridden just because a certain date has been reached (as 1948 is beyond the end of the game). Therefore, the Aussies and Indians can still arrive, if the condition checks are met (i.e. Axis proximity to certain towns).

Doesn't answer the main question, but Edwin does that later.

[ December 19, 2006, 04:51 AM: Message edited by: Bromley ]

Nice one Edwin. That sounds right(another reason to integrate the Commonwealth into the British forces smile.gif ).

Actually, from a balance POV, I don't suppose it matters as if the UK fall the British will place rebuilds in Egypt. With that El Alemain fort, they can slow the Axis down a fair amount (I'm facing 3-5 air, INF 2 Italians (hopefully without HQ though) and an INF 2 German army. Killed the panzer though and I don't think he's ready for 1941 Barby, so it's not all bad smile.gif ) .