Currently Axis vs human Allied

started barby june 41, approaching Leningrad and Stalingrad and Smolensk (i think the center city east of Minsk)

took Cairo and Alexandria

Diploed Spain and have Gibraltar

Questions:

1)when should i attack mid east.......should i wait til US joins? i am also investing 3 chits in Diplo with Iraq (currently 80% from coup)

2)how far is recommended for Barby before winter hits? do most players usually take Riga and Odessa?

3)would it be worthwhile taking Portugal with Spain? or Vichy? US is at 61 now

thanks

1) Middle east depends greatly on what force's you have there and long term plans. If you want Iraq as an ally DOW Syria, 25% chance that will bring them in. But USA will jump readyness alot.

2) Moscow & Krusk are my std objectives by winter 41 but thats asking for alot. Just short of them should be good.

3)Wait till USA enters unless you dont care, then take them now but DOWs will jump readness up alot.

[ October 18, 2007, 03:05 AM: Message edited by: Iron Ranger ]

Taking Smolensk and Kharkov is fine, but enterting the area around Moscow brings in the siberian reinforcements which can catch you on the wrong foot if you are unprepared. They come sooner or later anyway, but make sure you are in a well prepared position with refreshed and well supplied units.

Iron Ranger is right: what cities you take depends on your long term objectives. If you want a land link to Finnland, take Riga and Leningrad. If you want to conquer the Caucasus, take Odessa, Kharkov and maybe even Rostov.

Therefore, since i am in postion to take the Mid East, maybe the Caucasus would make more sense so i can link up in Southern Russia. But it sounds like Moscow is kind of a must.........maybe fient for Moscow without activating the Siberians then rush the south while i pound Leningrad.......even if it didn't work it would be fun to play with my opponents mind

Donetz Coal Mines with or Minsk triggers Urals Build event.

Approaching any of the cities deep inside of the USSR and Caucasus may effect the Siberians, but they come regardless after Winter of '41 some time...

All this taking into consideration kill as many reds as you can or capture as much real estate as possible, taking into consideration you need to garrison from Partisans who appear much in the Prippet Marshes, and near Leningrad

if you want Destroy the USSR Partisans with air and do not march through those regions, the Red Control Zones will not take new partisans, not always practical though if you're on the march

Generally you've got 2 options, 1 to goto Caucasus, cut off the Neck of the USSR, or go for head in Leningrad-Moscow-Stalingrad. Either way you can go, but going into the Caucasus Mnts is a pain as the supply of 5 is very good and with partisans and counterattacks by the USSR that may not last. Good thing to do is research LR air and try to kill as much as possible from a distance, whatever you do STAY in supply, this is not France... Stay close to those Supply 5 cities as they scorch on both sides, keep the Chain going and kill as you go, eventually your experience and destruction of the USSR should turn the tide