Cool Features Compendium

Originally posted by pzgndr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> One concern I always had in SC was the fact that a unit could move 200 miles and attack at full strength.

This is already accounted for in SC2. Units making a deliberate attack without moving first get a 25% readiness bonus for combat, and -1 AP for subsequent movement. Otherwise, units can move and attack "normally" as in SC. Call it a bonus for deliberate planning or a "wear and tear" penalty for movement to contact/hasty attack, the effect is already implemented. </font>

I apologize for my IGNORANCE SeaMonkey ...but i am as-yet unaware of or how to use the ENTRENCHMENT feature in the SC1 game!... i rarely stood still or tried to hold on to anything against a foe...much in my games...as where i held there were no determined assaults going on...so i guess i just never looked for it!.

But...thank's for bringing it to my attention!.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it just me or does it seem like USA and USSR are going to be very strong(maybe overly strong) by the time they enter war.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA and USSR are challenged to build enough units and research their starting techs prior to entry. Maybe they'll get lucky with some tech advances, maybe not. Neutral majors have their production tied to their activation value; ie, at 24% activation they only get 24% of production. By the time they get closer to war entry, there's the production delay for new unit builds to worry about. Also, USA has to decide what to spend and what to transfet to UK/USSR via lend lease. There's a lot to balance.

Its OK Retri, that is what us veterans are for, to help.

You already knew it, just don't move the unit in SC and it entrenches one level per turn to the maximum for that terrain. A very good feature to use when you are on the defense.

Now if I recollect correctly, in SC2 the Engineer unit will enhance the ability for a unit to entrench or at least increase the level of entrenchment for certain terrain.

The developers could comment on that feature in more detail, or perhaps Edwin can dig up their posts on the subject.

Originally posted by pzgndr:

With threat of Sealion passed, I took advantage of winter stormy weather to risk transporting a corps from England to Egypt.... After a few turns without contact, except for one cruiser damaged by storms (yes, that is a possible weather effect!), I managed to reach the naval loop arrows.

Iraq had a pro-Axis coup in May, rising to 80% activation. There is a chance this event could result in Axis activation, but it's slim. Diplomacy effects could change this.....

I'll add a comment about the interface. During your opponent's turn, you get to see your MPP totals displayed. So unlike SC1, you're not left wondering "What do I have?" as you ponder your next move while you wait.