Is there an AI Plan for Convoy Route Utilization?

I have looked at the scripts and I don't see an AI plan for utilizing convoy routes.

Desert Dave - If the Lend Lease Route is being mercilessly obliterated, well, just temporarily reduce or cease sending treasure altogether... until such time as some "counter-measures" have been established.
Ideally a convoy route plan would allow a script to control the sending or not of MPPs, control the amount sent (from 0% to 40%), and allow the AI to stop sending MPPs for a number of turns if the routes are taking heavy damage from Axis submarines.

Example:

{

#NAME= UK Convoy to USSR

#POPUP=

#Type=

#Flag=

#Level=

#Strategy= 0 (default 0, refers to Global Variable set in new Strategy plan :rolleyes: which allows triggering of multiple plans to be linked)

#Country_ID= (source of convoy route)

#TRIGGER=

#LENGTH= (this plan once activated will stay active for X turns unless canceled)

#MPP= 40 [75, 2][1,3]

MPP= % [max dam %, turns][halt for min turns, max turn]

(Thus AI will send 40% of Production, unless Damage is >= 75% to the convoy route for 2 turns in which case this script will be halted for 1 to 3 turns before trying again, as the subs will have likely moved on.)

#Friendly_Position=

#Enemy_Position= (will allow UK to send more MPPs if Axis controls Moscow)

#Variable_Condition=

#Tactical_Condition=

#Activate_Position=

#Cancel_Position=

#Date=

}

[ April 20, 2006, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

Originally posted by Lars:

Edwin, that looks reasonable to me. Only thing I’d add is greater variability to when the AI tries again.....

Btw, anyway to check the naval positions and strengths first? Maybe the AI would want that sub to stick around so it can kill it.

Lars, excellent points.

Perhaps;

MPP= 35 [80,1][1,4]

MPP= % [max dam %, turns][halt for min turns, max turn]

Thus AI will send 35% of Production, unless Damage is >= 80% to the convoy route for 2 turns in which case this script will stop sending MPPs for 1 to 4 turns before it resumes sending MPPs via the convoy route.

Any comments Hubert Cater? :rolleyes:

[ April 20, 2006, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

No you can't. But this has been requested. You can create new convoy routes in the editor, but each country can only have one.

PS: I read the AAR on your sub-strategy and was quite impressed. Good original thinking, its whats expected from a Legend.