How To Supply Russian Front?

Hey All

What is the best way to keep my German troops supplied when fighting deep in Russia?

Do i need to "string-out" German HQ Units? If so, how far apart can they be from eachother or cities.

How do i get the cities i capture to provide better Supply?

Help - my troops are almost totally ineffecitve by Mid-'42 deep in Russia.

Thanks!

Part of the problem (I think, I'm hazy here) is that the Russian cities only turn on your HQ's supply to level 8 when they've been rebuilt to level 5. (Check the manual on supply).

The game's basically set up so that you can sling supply just out to Moscow but not much farther until you've held Smolensk for a couple turns.

From my testing, stringing HQs out doesn't really work -- the wording in the manual's a little unclear, but basically they don't get an increase in supply level if they're supplied by another HQ, so there's no real benefit to having a chain of HQs -- you've got to capture and "develop" (let develop) railheads (cities).

You know this is where we have an opportunity to incorporate another of those seldomly used units.

Engineers.

Giving them an ability to enhance the supply of a city railhead would make them much more attactive to purchase and deploy.

Also would make them an attractive target of air assets, again incorporating an additional dimension to the game.

The goal is to get as many different units, ie strategies involved for replayability, employing them in their historically realized roles.

Thanks David, I think we all share this philosophy to certain degrees.

Its how we get there that really is the question.

Always will be some good ideas, practical applications being for HC to decide on.

You got to hand it to him, he's provided us great platform and been very receptive.

Too bad all of us can't be as appreciative as this game and he deserves. But no matter, each venue has its following.