Hi,

i was wondering if there are also some people out who cant wait to create a huge 256 x 72 European Theatre Map. I thought about, that you could create a real new game levl if you would double the size of the SC1 Campaign. Than you could also change the armies to corps and corps to division and finaly the subs in the atlantic would have a change to survive.

Any other thoughts about that ?

Titan,

I'm thinking the global scale on one map may exceed the design specifications for SC2, but maybe we can get an oparte 300 for SC2 platinum edition.

My thinking is that you can make an eastern and western(Pacific theater) hemispheres as two separate campaigns connected by the editor's ability to import/export unit deployments from one to the other and keep both running concurrently. Because of the different combat models from the two theatres, there will have to be some revisions abstracted for the scales. Perhaps it will take more than two campaigns to accurately model the global conflict.

Myself, I will start with a Med campaign (Azores to Bagdad) scale and see what can be accomplished with the editor's applications at the lower scale...grand operational.

I think it would be possible to make a campaign on Divison/Corps Level when we are creating a larger European theatre. But of course one of the things you have to keep in mind is the production rate. I, for example, want to create a European theatre with a 1 week time scale, so of course there have to be some changes in the unit costs.