Black night

JVril

Operation Russian counterattack, July 41. All looks fine, no problems. Until the night comes. Is it really supposed to be, like, TOTALLY black?! I couldn't make out absolutely ANYTHING apart from the deployment borders. :eek: Mind you, nothing to do with gamma or anything. Or my eyesight. I bet the fight would have been interesting.

Anybody know what a night fight's supposed to look like in CMBB? I think I should have the latest drivers for my Radeon 8500. (AMD Athlon XP 1600, Win 2K)

I also played a night fight and adjusting gamma with ALT-G gave me playable visibility. During the game I noticed something I was wondering if it's a bug:

Let's say I set gamma to Medium. Then during a battle I switch to Windows desktop using CTRL-ESC, do something and then switch back to CMBB. Now gamma has been set to the Lowest setting, can see very little. However, if I start adjusting gamma again, ALT-G turns the setting High (next value from Medium). So it seems that the game remembers my gamma setting value, but doesn't use it when switching from Windows desktop to CMBB.

I'm using Radeon8500. Win2000.