Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Question for Hubert.

Hope I got the name right. This is probably an odd question, but i'm working on learning programming, i've got the basics down for whats needed to make a game work, and am now ready to go to the graphical realm. the project i'm planning is a 2d hex based game, and I was wondering what you used to code the graphics engine for Strategic Command I. Direct X, OpenGL? Just a bit curious.

By the way, i'm a huge fan of Strategic Command, an amazing job and the primary inspiration for this little journey into programming. I'm really REALLY looking forward to SC2 as well, with all thats been said about it on the forums, and the discussions it's going to be great!

Thanks for your time,

Brad McKinstry

Good thing you bumped this one jjr as I actually I wanted to get back to Brad on this one but got a little distracted with that SC2 game smile.gif

For the graphics engine on SC1 I actually didn't use DirectX or OpenGL, rather I just used the much simpler Windows GDI methods. SC2 now uses DirectX as there is much more going on with multiple layers etc., so GDI really wasn't an option anymore.

I hope this helps and thanks for the kudos on the first game as it is always appreciated. Good luck!

Awesome! Thank you sir smile.gif

I recently picked up a book on programming in Direct X, so hopefully i'll be able to get rockin and rollin on something relatively soon. Appreciate the respsonse smile.gif

And again, really lookin forward to the new SC, it's gonna own.

Brad Mick