Med Screenshot Map observations

http://www.battlefront.com/products/sc2/screenshots/pages/north%20africa01.htm

Doesn't Malta seem like it is placed too close to Sicily? The med seems a little narrow too.

I noticed that North Africa has a wider land mass then in SC1. It looks like 3 to 6 tiles in SC2 as opposed to 1 to 2 hexes in SC1, which will have the desired effect of promoting maneuver warfare in the desert. smile.gif

I like the authentic candy stripe on the decks of the Italian ships. Nice touch art dude. ;)

[ April 18, 2004, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Fubarno ]

I was thinking the same.

I think the map is actually smaller in areas rendered previously in sc1. Shame, because the engine can handle a lot more tiles.

(I was trying to count the tiles across a given range, for exanple france)

Hopefully it will be adjusted prior to release, rather than one of us making a bigger map of europe...

Its about 230 miles from the tip of Greece to North Africa. The map in the screen shot shows three ships easily fitting in between, which is about 215 miles. Add about 7.5 miles of coast for each, and you get your 230 miles, so I'd say Greece to North Africa is correct.

Malta is about 66 miles away from Sicili, thus there should be approx 3/4 of a square on the diagonal between it and Malta. Pretty close. Moving it down another square would make it too far away.

Oh and the Med should be 46 squares long(2300 miles long). The screen shot shows Malta to Greece, about 12 squares(600 miles), thus I'd say they have the width pretty correct as well.

Nice job so far guys.