AAR Bio vs Iron on Thrawn 39 Campain

We are playing Thrawn's European Theater version 2.1 available at CMMODS.

This is as far as I know the first AAR reported for HvsH on this mod which has a lot of potential, for someone who is starting to get bored of Fall Weiss. In the meantime, it's conceptor could read this AAR and hopefully others to still improve his great scenario.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

June 2 1940

East: Quiet, Romainian's are moving around testing thier new power as a axis host member

Med: Quiet, Italy still planing her long term goals.

Alantic: Minor Raiding

West: DOW on Belguim even though its mud... counter taken easy with IW2 HT2 plus more goodies... all the waiting allowed Germany to max tech her main combat units. Now we sit looking at France and hoping she gets mub and us clear next turn.

I personally dont mind the long turns of mub and expected cold in USSR. Yes having only one weather zone for close to the entire map should be adjusted. Everything else too soon to judge.

Note:Hex 138/43 seams wrong... its a sea hex that clearly shows Bulgium control. Yet UK ships can shell my units in Netherlands... shooting over Neurtal Bulgium farms... THUS we DOW them semi frogs!

[ February 13, 2007, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: Iron Ranger ]

June 30 1940

The weather finally clears in Eroupe and the German Host moves forward.

East: Quiet, Romaninan troops move around. Diplo hit on Bulgaria (axis) and USSR (allies)

Med: Quiet

Alantic: Sub raiding by UK on Norway ore shipments. Raiding by GR subs on Canadian food barges.

West: Opening of Blitz warfare is a conbined arms attack (Armys, Armor, Air and Para) on the French units south of Bruxelles. A huge hole (2hex wide) is blow in the line and fast Korps unit races south to widen the gap. On the Ger/Fra border two hexs of French forts are taken from units moveing WEST out of Belgium. Looks like the frogs forgot to defend thier rear!

The German Army now has 5HQs, 5 Air and many other units trying to push into the two gaps in the Frogs broken lines. Itilian air is spying on the south and east parts of France and gathering intel on where reserve units are hiding.

Note: French fort at 143/45 turned German. I think they are ment to go 'boom' when they change hands? The mud or ZoC or mix seamed bugged.. or the hex I was entering is shown wrong, or I'm wrong. A units with 4AP could not move forward into a controled clear hex (river wrong side) in mud with ZOC. Hex was 140/45

[ February 14, 2007, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Iron Ranger ]

July 7th 1940

East/Med/Alantic: All Quiet (USSR take Litiuina)

West: Germany pushs 6 armys, one Armor and one para unit into France from Belgium. HQs and Air rush to the gap to enter and claim part of the glory. Units on the Fr GR border continue to fight and take another French Fort. Metz is encircled (one crops one army). Lille is cut off from Paris... it looks like a hopeless situation for France. Where is the BEF... no aid from UK means a fast and easy victory for Germany.

Russia finishes annexing the three Baltic States.

French manage damaging a German HQ to strength 5 in a suicide mission.

The German counter-attack is devastating to the French aviation, who stayed near the front to allow the HQ attack.

UK is watching the slaughter without moving.

The North-Western Maginot tile is under German control, a bug there to be fixed in that mod (twice I noticed this)!

The sub raiding the Norway convoy was French, I lost the English one in the North Sea...

Only one tank entrenched in Paris stands for France...

July 28th 1940 (last two turns were just finishing off french units)

West: Only Paris stands with a low moral armored units hiding in the city. Heavy Air raids reduce the units ability to fight then two Korps with L2 AT and one Armored units assult the city taking the famed 'City of Lights' with minimal damage. The rest of the german Host moves to the port citys in France or the Low Countrys while many units rest and refit if they can. While the battle for Paris in underway advance units take the Fortress of Cherbourg without a fight and it looks like all the Citys on the Bay of Biscay are empty of Allied units.

All Others: Quiet

Augest 11 1940

West: More movement by German units in France. The Battle for the english air begins. Five German air strike unexpectedly against a Scout UK unit left near the coast.. and it is destroyed!

Alantic: Raiding by german subs, no more raiding by UK on Norway ore shipments.

Sweden starts to believe germany is going to win and sides more with her (29% act)

August 3rd 1940

UK just notices new level 2 German luftwaffe and starts pullig back its air units, not fast enough, looses one air.

Allies high command wonders what will stop these highly decorated aircrafts. They will soon become invincible killing machines! I think experience should be able to be adjusted in the editor, especially for the very long scenarios such as this one!

Mid Sept 1940

West: German Korps lands on the east coast of UK, only to find the port she was attacking to have a CA docked. Korps attacks CA for 3 damage but can not take the port. In Norway the King finally tells his troops to put down arms. In the North Sea the RN sinks two transports but gets counter attacked by German Ships and lose's one CA. Spy reports are that the RN might be in strength by Norway. Ship movements follow up with that information.

All other fronts: Quiet

Late Sept 1940

West: Shifting air units to the coast of Norway Germany spots a line of RN ships blockading our shiping lanes. The call goes out, sink the Bismark..err I mean the Royal Navy. Second battle of the Jutland happens with 3 CA and one BB sinking. As a side bonus 1 FF BB is sunk next to London. The raiding Korps in UK attacks the port again for minor damage on the CA.

All others: Quiet

Italy diplo hit on Greece

UK diplo hit on USSR

November 17th

No battles taking place, too bad weather.

I really think this scenario should be changed so that some more time pass by during the Fall/Winter/Spring seasons. The way it is right now, no action takes place during these seasons. This makes that only 25% of the time, battles take place and something is actually happening...