AAR Bio vs Iron on Thrawn 39 Campain

Hello, sorry guys but I have been gone for a long time. RL just got very busy for me to play. But back for this weekend and going to try a new 39 Campain with Bio.. and run a AAR

Bio = Allies

Iron = Axis

Map is huge and much larger OOB. 30 turn per year.... let the fun Begin

[ March 06, 2007, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: Iron Ranger ]

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sept 39

Germany cross's the Polish border. Destory's the Forward HQ and cuts off several units. On the Western front the called up Korps of young boys and old men dig deap to hold back the French Army.

Italy looks over her huge but weak troops and makes some long term plans. The Roman's will again control the world.

September 1939, Poland won't last long!

not sure about the number of turns per year, I played that scenario once against the AI. All I know is there are more turns per year then Classic Fall Weiss and the map quite bigger!

I realize that the Allies has lots of low strength units that I have to choose from which to upgrade...

Mid Sept 39'

Danzig falls to the German army. Several units are in the suburbs of Warsaw with most of the Polish army destoryed or hiding in the woods to the east of the Capital.

Denmark is DOW with the unit in the capital destoryed by German Paratroops but they lack the mobility to enter and force a surrender.

Western Front see's more reinforceing of troops but no combat.

Italy continues to move her units around the Med with some long term goal in mind.

Denmark is left with no defending units. Axis paratroop will enter the capital next turn.

French navy is hoping to get a shot at the Baltic German Navy but Iron Ranger is an experienced SC2 player and surrounded the port so that the navy won't enter the Baltic that easily...

Sept 24 39'

East: Warsaw Falls, many German units are already moving west as the weather turns cold and wet.

West: The Dainish HQ in the capital is destroyed by the cut off Para troops but again no one is able to move to force the goverment to give up. The port is bombed to prevent UK from using it to bring in troops as her navy has been spoted close by. The French navy is giving our lads on the W coast of Denmark a hard time but her troops stay in the concret forts on the border.

Alantic: Nothing

Med: Quiet

Oct 39'

East: The German army in Poland takes control on the land, refresh's its self after combat and gets ready for the next fight.

Denmark: Paratroops move into Copenhagen and the King sails out on a UK BB. With the Straights of Denmark in their control the German's have traped 2 UK and 1 French Battle groups (units) in the Baltic.

All others Quiet

Late Oct 39'

West: A full army group (6 units) invade the Netherlands....... only to find out they are faceing the same number of units. Weaker but still a problem with all the mud. UK CA is holding the port but Germany controls the rest of Denmark.

France pushs' several units out of the Maginoet Line and destroy a few forts in Germany. Counter attacks by german units leave the invading French troops weak.

East: All the citys are ocupied.

All other area's quiet

Nov 39'

West: The German army is bogged down in Netherlands... mub, rivers and ZoC means it imp to move units forward.

France: All the French Raiders are destroyed at little cost. The German rail system was busy in Oct but all for the better as they got some much needed training in moveing troops east/west (Inf tech bump)

Denmark: UK CN is getting hit hard inport by ground troops (str 1). Looking like she will be sunk soon.

All others Quiet

Late Nov 39'

Weather breaks! A late summer sun shine's through and the gray host moves forward.

West: Neatherlands takes a huge pounding loseing all units except the corps in the capital. Massive movement of armys through the dikes and rivers of the low lands.

France: more and more dirt digging

Note: The Denmark port is bugged - if you hold the city and the port is for the other side but you dont move a unit near the port you will not gain control of that hex.

Yeah, I should have lost control of that Denmark port. The ship standing there got killed, the axis turn ended with the capital well garisoned and it did not took control of that port because it did not move... At the beginning of the Allies turn, Allies moved a French ship right back into the port, LOL.

In the meantime, Frenchies started disbanding their planes that don't stand a chance against the incoming Axis planes! No point increasing their experience, and the French need the money!

Dec 39'

France: Quiet

Low Countrys: Belguim is free but is spotting a huge german army on her border.. Netherlands has seen the light and joined her germanic roots

Denmark: The entire country AND the sea lines are controled by German.. finally! Three French CNs are afloat in the Baltic but they are short on fuel and strenght

Med: Quiet

Alantic: Raiding my UK on Norway convoys and Germany on Canadian ships.

January 1940:

The Romanian traitors are fooled by diplomats and join the Nazi pigs, they shall pay later!

Allies high command wonder if the ennemy's saying (No Sealion sucks. Well guess the game is still in that bata phase to some degree) is going to be followed to the letter...

[ February 10, 2007, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: BioWizard ]

June 1940:

Game being played on via PBEMs.

All Europe is still in mud from last November and I think it will last until June 21st...

This is something I think should be fixed in this scenario. First, from the Urals to Portugal, only one Weather zone is unrealistic. (Weather zones, seen in the editor, 17 and 18 are useless and they could be used to get some more randomness where it really counts). Second, to play each single week during Fall/Winter/Spring is very boring. Germans won't launch attack of Belgium because it would not work in mud and nothing is really happening.

I then suggest: turns lasting 2 weeks in the winter? Summer starting in May? At least for what concerns France...