Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Change A Scenario to an Opperation

I am building a map of Omaha Beach for a Custom Opperation I am making. I have done a lot of reasearch and the map is pretty cool so far, But I inadvertently saved it as a scenario. Can I convert it into an opperation???

I would hate to have to redraw this map in a new Opperation in the Battle Editor.

Some time Later...I tried and couldnt change it. So I thought about it..and im making it one long battle w/ reinforcments. The map is great, totaly accurate. The forces too. To start, just 18 US Fighter bombers and 2 240 mm spotters (it takes about 12 min to kill 1 bunker) on an island at elevation 20 (airial spotters for naval bombardment) then 30 min later the first wave. They get hosed. then 27 min later another battalion and so on until 8:30 am when the tanks arrive. You better knock out them 88mm bunkers!!! Just wish you could see the planes comming in. And if any of you think thats too much support, read the book, or try it without. Remeber they called it the "Atlantic Wall"

[ September 05, 2003, 02:25 AM: Message edited by: Von Markko ]

There is no way to convert the file into an operation as such. They use a bit different format or so, as the structure of a mission and an operation are different (different size, different parametres etc.). But if you want to save the trouble of doing the map all over again, then I suggest getting Mapping Mission (do a search in the CMBB forum), taking screenshots of the map editor screen, constructing those screenshots so that all of the map is visible, and using that as an underlay in MM. Then you can easily copy all the features into a MM map, which you can then export into a CMBO operation - or, a CMBB mission or operation, or soon to CMAK I presume. Mapping Mission - a Blessing to All Map Makers ®.

Originally posted by Hyme's Hero's:

Hey Panzerman,

I ran into the same problem as Von Markko. I change the cmb to the cmc extension, it now lists on the Operations screen in the game; but the perameters still remain as a "Battle" in the editor.

Any thoughts on this?

I only did it once a long time ago three or (gasp) four years ago so I cannot remember.