Possible implementation of a training option for a future patch?

Do you guys think it would be interesting to have the possibility to train troops in sc2 ?

1. The possibility of conducting drills at the expense of movement in that turn (or more turns), and with a certain cost associated? say +20% of the unit's cost per experience bar.

2. To buy directly troops having a number of bars (decided by the player when purchasing units) with extended production time and increased costs?

It will always be a cost-effectiveness operation, having more experienced troops would probably mean less troops at your disposal. The effect of experience is not so dramatic, rather marginal per xp bar but if you focus on one unit to raise to 5 bars, it would be that badass, uber l33t, crack troop you've been dreaming to lead into the battle smile.gif

I like the idea but for SC 1...i would buy 4 stars carriers right from the start. :D

Nah frankly in SC 2 it is really sensless to have trained troops they are killed like any other units with one shot.

In one game i had a 3 bar tank, i loved him so much that i made him an overstrengh unit (13) and never used him in combat. :D

(As a novice) I do not think you could just "buy" experience... This is something that need to be done on the battelfield, and no where else.

You could get your soldiers full and ready, training them, giving them good weapons and good instructions. That's a big part of what "readiness" means for me.

Do you guys think it would be interesting to have the possibility to train troops in sc2 ?

No, HR,

It would be X-tremely tedious,

To say the least. ;)

We keep addin' ALL these kinda things,

Next thing you know

You gots

Some ruthlessly stupid

And gruesome miasma,

As with... HoI. :eek: