After SC2 release and dust settles.

Hubert, after the release of SC2 and you take a break from all the work, do you see yourself revisiting SC1 again for any final tweaks to the original?

I'm not meaning like a month or 6 weeks after SC2's release but like 6 months or a year down the road.

If you do see yourself revisiting SC1 one last time maybe the others can sound off on any tweaks to the game they would like that wouldn't be too time consuming for you to program in. I've seen some threads about airforce dominance for example and maybe someone has an idea on that.

But anyway, do you see yourself in a year or so touching on SC1 again in some way?

Personally, I don't see HC or any game company going back and updating an old version of the game after a new version has been released.

But, if I were to suggest 5 "simple" changes it would be; and variants of some of these are in SC2,

1. Reduce starting Attack and Spotting Range of Air Fleets to 4. Really Simple

2. Increase Attack Range (not spotting range) of Bombers to 12 and reduce Bomber spotting range to 4. Really Simple

3. Reduce cost of bombers to 400. Really Simple

4. Give AI player(Germany/USA/UK) a random number of bonus Tech Chits; 0 to 5, at Expert level.

5. At Expert Level and Allied AI - Iraq, Ireland and Norway have a 20% (each) to join allies when France surrenders. At Expert level and Axis AI - Vichy France, Spain, Turkey and Iraq have a 10% (each) to join Axis when France surrenders. Why? To make a game against the AI less predictable.

[ February 14, 2006, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]