AI does not protect coast of England in 1939

Playing the Axis, I found the AI does not adequately protect the cost of England.

I have tried this strategy a couple of times: I send my U boats to attack the British convoy routes in the Atlantic. England send its fleets to seek my U-Boats and leaves its coast unguarded.

As soon as Poland is toast, I immediately ship one or two corps to do amph landings in east England. I usually manage to take at least one, maybe both of the northern British cities. These two corps just hang in there while I take Denmark, Norway, Benelux, and France.

After the fall of France the invasion of England is a peace of cake... since I already have a bridgehead.

Now, this seems like bad AI to me. Allied AI should give top priority to setting up a naval screen of the British coast... particularly the Eastern Coast. Allied AI should sacrifice the Canadian and African convoy routes, giving top priority to the homeland.

Of course, the other side of the coin is that my U-Boats fair misserably in their convoy raids because they have the entire Royal Navy behind them... This should not happen. The bulk of the British Navy should be patroling the British coast.