Suggestion for diplomacy

Hubert, I have one suggestion about diplomacy. A few people said that it is too strong, a few people said that it is too weak, I don’t know but my suggestion is: why don’t you combine diplomatic tables and chits in to one for each side (Axis side and Allied side)? What I am trying to say is this: while Italy is neutral it has its own diplomatic table and 3 chits and Germany its own but when it joined to Germany we should have one Axis diplomatic table and 6 chits and that’s it. No separate tables and chits for Germany and for Italy.

I am sorry for my ignorance if current diplomacy works already in similiar way.

[ April 26, 2006, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: vveedd ]

I believe it does work that way to an extent, in that Axis and Allied chit totals invested in a given country (er, Spain) cancel each other out.

However, I think it's much better to keep the buying of chits seperate. Otherwise Germany with plenty of loot could simply pay for all Italy's chits, and it would be far too easy. This way the skint Italians have to make choices.

In that case my suggestion remains. Maybe diplomacy is too strong as some people say. Problem about charging can be easily solved with pop up window with question – do you wish charge to Germany? If not charge to Italy. Or diplomatic chits should be reduced to 3 per major.

Countries performed diplomacy pretty much on their own in WW2.

And having them together would make for a surefireway to always choose the lesser country to be charged. You would only loose 3% instead of 5%. But the bottom line is countries perform diplomacy on their own, because they also talk about other issues that are not JUST about the war, they try and get other stuff even their allies will not get. Even in war people are still trying to screw their allies.