Is there a Voodoo 3 driver/ROM combo that works well with CM?

I've been using the demo (full version is on the way) with my Voodoo3 for Mac, and I'm having the missing building/VF problems I've read about on the boards. What I haven't read is if there's a fix or driver/ROM combo to solve this problem. Should I look at investing in a new card?

Have you been applying mods to your Demo version ?

I don't recall off-hand actual missing buildings and victory flags. You say that these are completely invisible or do they have corrupted graphics for the textures ?

Just to cover some of the obvious:

When you press Shift-F you see no victory flags (there should be text at the top of the screen to tell you if they are Off or On) ?

For the buildings pressing Shift-O should turn on or off the transparency function in CMBO. With it off the walls should disappear when the building is occupied, with it on... I'm not sure how well the Voodoo 3 on the Mac handles transparencies. This may be a setting where you need to leave it off in order to see troops inside buildings.

The latest drivers I could find were 1.1.3b from the x3dfx site (click on the 'drivers' item on the left hand column - the Mac drivers are to the far right for each card). There isn't any BIOS updates on this page however. There was a former 3dfx Mac developer who used to visit this site Baboon2. You may want to search for some posts from him since he might have a slightly newer driver for the Voodoo3.

Thanks for your reply...

No, no mods. The problem is very odd - I can only see buildings in view 1 or from other views if a soldier enters it (the buildings disappear if they leave!) Flags can also can only be seen in view 1. Even stranger, if you move toward a flag or building in view 1, it pushes away, so finally it appears to be off the map. So I can't tell where the flags really are.

I also get the weird text problem, where the I looks like an exclamation point, as well as some other stray marks.

I think I have the newest drivers, but I will have to double check at home.