Is there any info when this nasty AI-Bug will be finaly fixed?

sucks.jpg

(end of game screenshot from never invaded normandy beaches)

I know that this was adressed about a thousand times here before, but i don't see any improvements in this case.

Everyone who wants to tell me to use the editor is invited to go out in the sun, because i won't use the editor. I am a player, not an editor-nerd.

And i don't care how easy it might be to change something.

Back to this bug: if it is too complicated to offer a fix after already 12 weeks, than i suggest the following improvement:

give AI-game players the opportunity to change playing side. A player can start overlord and than change back towards the axis side.

Would be a great thing to change from the winning to the loosing side as well: try, if you can fix this mess up, which you self brought upon the loosing (former AI) side.

This feature was really great fun, when it was introduced through SSI's Clash of Steel (several years ago), and a fantastic motivation to play games versa the AI to the end.

It looks like your u-boats were on vacation during those troop movements. Lol. This could be one big turky shoot.

But you're right about the bug. I believe though that i saw a post from the battlefront.com admin that Hubert is away atm. So he might be on vacation or something.

The v1.03 patch will improve things some, but its focus is still on minor bug fixes and other game enhancements. Once those are resolved, Hubert intends to tackle the AI. There has been a lot of impressive work done by Timskorn and NormalDude and EdwinP with their Axis and Allied AI mods, so I would recommend you try their versions for the time being.

Frankly, it is MORE IMPORTANT to first resolve the game bugs and play balance issues, and finalize the AI script formats which have been slowly continuing to evolve. Once all that is done, then finalizing the event and AI scripts can happen. Based on what's happened so far and Hubert's commitment to improve the game, would you not agree we're getting there and will soon have all the pieces in place?? Be patient, for just a little while longer.

@ xwormwood:

(1) Yeah, that is annoying... and I think it will take time until it is resolved... esp. if you crushed the D-Day forces once, the AI never tries again.

(2) I would like to see the option to change sides as well

(3) I also would like to see an OPTION to play later than 1947... so if it`s 05/47 the game might just ask you... not to difficult for a programmer

(4) Keep in mind that some of the people who write "use the editor" regard this as joke coz they are tired of other people telling them "use the editor"

Originally posted by pzgndr:

There has been a lot of impressive work done by Timskorn and NormalDude and EdwinP with their Axis and Allied AI mods, so I would recommend you try their versions for the time being.

Wot he said.