Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Looks like ...

Looks like I didn't get the file: searched everything. Anyone know where I can get a FREE copy of this Power Archiver & is it in zipped form ( if it is then I can't use it )?

If you can help please post the website where I can find it.

Thanks. It's kind of frustrating when you are just learning about all this stuff!!! :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad:

I'd suggest posting to your original thread in the future so people can keep track of what suggestions have already been offered for your problem. One thread instead of three on this topic would have been sufficient.

In your case, I would suggest just getting WinZip. It should work fine for what you want to do. The Power Archiver site you pointed to in a previous thread had the downloads, but the 6.1 version was non-English. Like WinZip this is shareware. WinZip doesn't lose its functionality after 30 days, but it would be honest to pay the shareware fee if you use it longer than that.

If you still want a freeware version of Powerarchiver you can get it here (click on the 'computer with a box' icon and it will download the file powerarc61.exe). Despite the Spanish language site, I believe this is an English version.

Okay thanks for the help. I appreciate the time you've taken. I know I've been a bit of pain in the *ss redface.gif but all this stuff with downloading stuff for games is pretty new to me. So both of those versions at Winzip page are free right - don't have to register them or pay for it once I've downloaded one.

They're shareware. That means that if you use the program longer than the 'tryout' period you're obligated to make a payment for the program. This usually involves making an online payment at the website you downloaded it from (for the larger, more popular utilities) or sending a check/money order to an address listed in a readme that came with the program (a process typically called 'registration'). No one really enforces these payments and many of the programs will continue to run after the 'tryout' period. Some programs will cease to function after the period, while others offer to get rid of annoying 'reminder screens' or provide an executable with more functionality than the version you downloaded.

Freeware programs are just that, free. Some authors ask for a 'donation', but make it completely voluntary. Some shareware programs offer their older versions as freeware (but not all of them) and this may be the case for the 6.1 version of PowerArchiver.

Both WinZip and PowerArchiver appear to be shareware programs, which will require a fee.