Directory of Major Posts Related to SC2

A directory of the major posts on this forum dealing with features in SC2.

Related to Game Play & Strategy

Battle for the Atlantic

Amphibious Units and Amphibious Tech

How will the Size of Russia Affect Game Play

The Malta Effect

Weather & SC 2

Urals Industry Effect

Minor Country Production - In SC2 Minor Countries can build new units

Research in SC2

Related to the Editor

Script News

Political Capitals and Industrial Centers

Editing Exisiting Maps

Interviews with Hubert Cater, the Game Designer

May 10, 2004 Interview

[ May 19, 2004, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

Great work, Edwin P!

If I had you to organize my cluttered "home office" I could surely get my Electric Bill paid on time! Then I could see what I am actually typing! smile.gif

At night. Day-times are good.

What?

No, my home computer runs on high-mountain refined, octane mixtures. I have a specially made gas-can I keep handy for that.

Doesn't yours? :eek:

[ April 28, 2004, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Desert Dave ]

• 2 weeks later...

6 Major Nations and 22 Minor Nations

Originally posted by pzgndr:

Unless something changes later, let's accept 22 as the number of minors and work with that. While more minors would be nice, what we can do with the ones we do have in SC2 is more important.

Take Yugoslavia. Instead of Croatia as an Axis minor, it should now be possible to use diplomacy to change Yugoslavia's alignment from Allied to Axis. This would represent Croatia gaining the upper political hand and possibly result in an Axis coup. What's interesting is the full political spectrum we're being offered. :cool:

As for the 22 minors, I would expect mods could make some reasonable adjustments. Iceland could be combined with Canada, Iran and Iraq combined (yeah, right!), Portugal and Spain combined, etc. The idea would be to free up a few minors so we COULD create Austria and Czechoslovakia, or whatever.

On Tech Upgrades:
Originally posted by pzgndr:

A couple of things will be a bit different in SC2. First, tech advances will not be automatic. You'll have to select a unit and CHOOSE what upgrades to give, and probably be able to reinforce it at the same time. When I say choose, we're talking total choice. Say you got tech advances in both jets and L/R. You can upgrade jets only, L/R only, or both, for any or all AFs. That's flexibility!

Second, upgrades and reinforcements probably will not be restricted to friendly cities, but there will be some reduction of max reinforcement level depending on the number of adjacent enemy units. We already see that now with surrounded units, but this is being expanded for all units. So a unit on the line adjacent to 2-3 enemy units may only reinforce to 7 or 8. That's the basic idea. You'd now have to withdraw the unit to give it full reinforcements, or to give it elite reinforcements up to strength 15.

This should be VERY interesting in practice. How many stalemate situations result when the defender simply reinforces up to full strength each turn? Now we're likely to see more worn out units on both sides and some real advantage to pulling units off the line for rest and refit. And the ability to truly customize your forces and decide who gets upgrades and when will no doubt bedazzle your opponent with FoW on and you truly surprise him with an elite super-unit blazing out of the shadows. :D

[ May 11, 2004, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]