Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Will North Africa be a little bigger this time around? One of the most frustrating parts of SC1 to me was when I tried to advance in that area and kept getting in my own way. I realize that during the war, most fighting was along the coast, but still, don't we need to be able to surround Alexandria better? Also, will Malta play more of a strategic role in this game? In the war, the Hitler's ambivalence about smashing the island's planes helped seal the fate of Rommel in Africa, limiting his supplies. I have heard rumors that this is supposed to be represented in the new game, any ideas?

Yes...the 'Malta-Effect' was very important!.

The allies had broken the German-Codes (progect called "ULTRA")... and knew when every single supply transport ship was going to supply 'Rommel'.

I forget exactly...but the 'British' destroyed about 85% of these ships that were sent to North-Afrika!.

They could have sunk them all from 'Malta'...but, wisely decided to let a few go through so that the Germans would not suspect that their communications had been comprimised!.

Had 'Malta' been captured...Rommel may have very well have won in North Afrika and then subsequently have moved up to the Middle East ...then onto the Oil Fields of Iraq and the Caucasus regions!.